Sunday, May 4, 2008

A to Z ....today we're on B

B is for.....

Beads

noun... a small, usually round object of glass, wood, stone, or the
like with a hole through it, often strung with others of its kind in necklaces,
rosaries, etc.

I guess since I am a "jewelry artisan" that beads would naturally be a favorite thing.... I'm particularly fond of vintage beads, pearls, metal, and semi-precious stones....I guess I discovered this passion for beads while I was in Massachusetts years ago and went to my first official bead store...... I was like a kid in a candy store!! I didn't yet know that my passion for collecting beads would turn into a passion for creating jewelry.

Books - ok... so I'm a bit of a book snob... I really only like hardcover books. Something about the printed word, bound in such a way... hmmmm... even the smell of books. I love libraries, and bookstores.... I LOVE books... The smell, the feel, the words and the pictures, the "right at your fingertips" knowledge they contain. It amuses me that I can learn different things from the same book at different stages of my life... I love to go back to them years later and re-read them to discover new things.... Books I'm reading (or re-reading) now?
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert... a great book to take to the beach this summer!

... I have to admit... the "eat" part was my favorite!

Bacon - I think I could easily be a vegatarian if it weren't for bacon. No other "meat" calls to me like this one. I like it extra crispy....hmmmm... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! My husband and I could easily eat an entire pound of bacon with our Sunday brunch!

Anyone remember these? Flashback: 1981 - Holiday Bacon Appetizers

I know I'm not alone... there are even entire blogs dedicated to the fabulous flavor of bacon! http://www.baconunwrapped.com/
http://baconshow.blogspot.com/

Brave Space Design

A Brooklyn-based design company producing playful, modern high-end furnishings that are durable and environmentally sustainable.

Biggs & Featherbelle

..a health conscious company that promotes the healing elements of Mother Nature by creating body care products free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and additives. Quality ingredients and research are infused in every handmade Biggs & Featherbelle product.

Many Biggs & Featherbelle soaps are vegan and all are vegetarian.

No comments: