Thursday, October 9, 2008

birthdays, umbrellas and friendship

ok.. I know.. odd title... but I had a birthday a couple weeks ago (and no, I won't tell you which one), but it was so touching.

I've never really had a lot a female friends... and I've come to really appreciate what it means to have them. Not just the acquaintances we see or socialize with, but a true friend. We tend to use the term "friend" so loosely - in my opinion.

Friends are like rare gems (excuse the comparison to jewelry, but hey.. it's what I know!)... they know you better than your own family. They accept you for who you are, even if it is not like them... even if they totally disagree with you... they accept you... They accept that you're addicted to bacon, even if they're vegans.

They protect you.....they buy you umbrellas because you don't have the sense to come in out of the rain.

That is a friend. They respect your choices and will not judge you for them, they help you be they best 'you' you can be....

No comments: